From the depths of her Ice Palace, secluded and hidden away from the eyes of men, most people think the Frostmaiden rules both hearts and lives of all on Gemnos. This is however a lie. Auril is a lie and all that follow her will one day see the truth.
-The Raven Queen, in the Raven Book, page 459
Auril, the FrostmaidenLawful
Auril is the goddess of ice and cold, but also of death, sorrow, cold, winter and abstinence. She is depicted as a platinum-blond woman with ice-blue eyes.
- Like fragile ice anger passes away in time.
- Beauty, like ice, our footing does betray; Who can tread sure on the smooth, slippery way: Pleased with the surface, we glide swiftly on, And see the dangers that we cannot shun.
- Cold is the eternal death.
- Keep cold, always.
- Clerics of Auril are called icepriests and icepriestesses.
- They wear white robes with a hint of pale blue.
- Icepriests freeze the bodies of those that they bury.
- Important worshippers are sometimes encased in eternal ice and thus preserved forever in the state they died.